Front-End Developer – Contract – Hampshire - £340 Per Day (Inside IR35)
A local Council based in Hampshire, is looking for a Front End Developer that can work closely alongside other developers and researchers, within a multidisciplinary team to produce user-motivated services. The contract is until March 2019 but may extend.
With a focus on designing simple services that are easily accessible and easy to use, this role will enable the individual to operate across a number of devices, browsers and platforms within an agile environment.
The purpose of this position is to assist the government in transforming the way that services are delivered with an emphasis on efficiency. This will be achieved by developing web front-end designs (following governmental accessibility standards), taking into consideration the responsive elements of the different channels.
- Understand the needs of the user along with the context of the services when developing across multiple channels
- Build & test user-centred interfaces and transaction flows (these will be provided by the designers)
- Work closely with the aforementioned User Interface Designers to create and iterate prototypes, in order to test & communicate ideas
- Turn concepts into full-functioning services by working with Sitecore Developers, Designers & Content Strategists
- Attend meetings and act as the “technical point of contact”
- Debugging HTML, CSS and JS source code
- Contribute to delivering web content by ensuring that front-end functionality can be managed effectively and consistently in the Content Management System
Specific IT Skills & Experience:
- Ability to diagnose routine technical/business issues and contribute to their resolution.
- Knowledge of XML and JSON.
- Responsive design
- Web accessibility
- Experience working with the Sitecore Content Management System
- Experience of Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server